- 1 UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017
- 1.1 UPSC IAS Prelims Answer key 2017
- 1.2 UPSC IAS Pre Paper Solution 2017
- 1.3 UPSC Set A 18 June Answer Key 2017
- 1.4 Type 1 Arrangement around a Closed Path
- 1.5 For Circular Arrangement
- 1.6 For Rectangular Arrangement
- 1.7 For Hexagonal Arrangement
- 1.8 Type 2 Arrangement in a Line or Others
- 2 UPSC IAS Prelims GS-GA Paper-1 Answer Key 2017 download
- 3 IAS Mains 2017 Exam Pattern
UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017, is going to be made available fater the successful conductance of UPSC Civil Services Prelim exam held on 18th June 2017, candidates can access UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017, by simply reading our article and clicking on the direct links given to download UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer Key 2017, UPSE IAS Pre Paper solution, UPSE IAS Pre cut off 2017.
UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is going to organize and publish a notification regarding UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017, the said examination is going to commenced today on 18th June 2017, candidates after taking the exam successfully can analyze their marks and the chances of their selection through calculating their marks using the unofficial UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017, released by some private institutes as on the same day of examination, some of the private institutes which will upload all the set of answer keys on its website are Chanakya IAS Academy, Rau’s IAS Circle. Sriram’s IAS Academy etc.
Although, candidates if you are looking forward for official set of answer keys, they will be provided by UPSC on Aug 2017, for all sets as set a, set b, set c and set d, the answer keys will be provided separately for each paper, where candidates can have an easy assess and can analyze the marks they will be scoring, in the GS-GD paper of UPSC Civil services exam, we will activate the links to download direct official UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017, at the end of this month, so stay tuned.
|UPSC Prelims 2017||June 18, 2017|
|UPSC Prelims Answer Key released by coaching institutes||June 18, 2017|
|UPSC Prelims Result announcement||July – August 2017|
UPSC IAS Prelims Answer key 2017
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has invited candidates for various services like (Indian Forest, IRS, IAS, IPS, etc), these all were Civil Services posts, and several candidates have registered and taken the the examination conducted on Sunday(18th June), now the commission shall take up some time to release the UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 of all sets and that too before the announcement of UPSC IAS Prelims Results 2017, that will be uploaded next month of August end weeks 2017, till then you can go for the unofficial set of UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 that is made available on the same day of examination.
Once the preliminary exam will be conducted, candidates after assessing their results,UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 will clearly knows whether they will get the chance to take the next level of examination, that is UPSC IAS Mains examination scheduled to be conducted on October 28, 2017. candidates have to qualify UPSC IAS Pre examination 17th June by scoring minimum qualifying marks or cut off marks to become eligible for next round of selection.
All of you shall access the UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 for the examination was held for the 1079 posts organized under respective commission which was scheduled on 18th June 2017 at various centres across the India as per the notification.
UPSC IAS Pre Paper Solution 2017
Many of renowned institutes shall display full answers with solutions of all the questions asked in all sets of papers in UPSC IAS Pre Paper Solution 2017,UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 , these solutions are not officials, though they are prepared by experts educationalist and professors of various named coaching institutes, you can reach their websites if you are looking forward for complete paper Solution pdf.
Here we are providing a few questions with their solved solution to let you know the type of questions and their solution format you will be looking for in the unofficial institutes UPSC IAS Pre Paper Solution 2017.
So guys, there are basically two types of questions which are asked in various competitions
Type 1 Arrangement around a Closed Path
In such questions, we are giving some clues regarding arrangement. We have apply these clues on a circle and using these information,we have to find the solutions of questions associated with them. In this arrangement,we also deal square/pentagon/ hexagon, questions. Before solving type 1 questions, following facts are necessary to know.
For Circular Arrangement
In this arrangement some persons are sitting around a circle and they facing the centre.
- Leftmovement also called clockwise rotation.
- Rightmovement also called anticlockwise rotation.
For Rectangular Arrangement
A « B (Fornt with each other)
C « D (Front with wach other)
For Hexagonal Arrangement
A« D (Front with each other)
B « E (Front with each other)
C« F (Front with each other)
Six personsM, N, 0, P, Q and R are playing cards sitting in a circle facing the centre. R is sitting between M and N and Q is sitting between 0 and P. P is sitting immediate right of M.
Example 6: Who is sitting immediate left of 0?
Example 7: Who are the neighbours of R?
(a) M, N
(b) P, Q
(c) P, O
(d) Q, O
Solution. Given figure shows the correct arrangement of these six persons.
6. (c) Clearly, Q is sitting immediately left of 0.
7. (a) Clearly, M and N are the neighbours of R.
Type 2 Arrangement in a Line or Others
Sometime, we deal with questions where arrangement is required to be done in a line or others.
Before solving type 2 questions, following facts are necessary to know.
When A, B, C, D facing South direction and P, Q, R, S facing North direction in a line, then their position of Right and Left will be
When A, B in one line and P,Q in other line. then their diagonally opposite direction will be
A is diagonally opposite to Q. B is diagonally opposite to P.
Directions (Example 8) Read the following information carefully and answer the question based on it.
In a shop, the items were arranged in a shelf consisting of six rows. Biscuits are arranged above the tins of chocolates but below the rows of packets of chips, cakes are at the bottom and the bottles of pepermints are below the chocolates. The topmost row had the display of jam bottles.
Example 8: The bottles of peppermints are below the chocolates. The topmost row hat the display of jam bottles.Where exactly are the bottles of pepermints?Mention the place from the top?
Solution. (d) Jam’s bottles are at the top. Now,
Directions (Examples 9 to 12) Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below Six friends A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting in a row facing towardsNorth. C is sitting between A and E. E is not at the end. B is sitting immediate right of E. F is not at the right end. D is sitting second to the left.
Example 9: How many persons are there to the right of D?
Example 10: Which of the following pairs is sitting to the left of D?
Example 11: Who is immediate left of C?
(c) Either E or A
(d) Cannot be determined
Example 12: Who is at the right end?
(d) Cannot be determined
Solution. The given figure, shows the correct arrangement of six friends.
9. (d) There are four persons to the right D-A, C, E, B.
10. (a) Clearly, F is sitting to the left of D.
11. (a) It is clear from the diagram that A is to the immediate left of C.
12. (b) It is clear from the diagram that B is at the right end.
UPSC CSAT (Prelims) Question Paper 2017 Pdf download
For recent application of UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017, you can go for the answer keys provided unofficially through some of the private coaching institutes, given below are the UPSC CSAT(Prelims) question paper solution with answer keys pdf format, after a due course of time you will be able to download the official set of answer keys of set a, set b, set c, set d through the links given below.
UPSC Civil Services 2017 Answer Key by Coaching Institutes
|Coaching Institutes||Prelims Answer Key for Paper 1||Prelims Answer Key for Paper 2|
|BYJU’s Classes||UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 Available soon||Available soon|
|Career Launcher||Available soon||Available soon|
|Chankya IAS academy||Available soon||Available soon|
|Rau’s IAS circle||Available soon||Available soon|
|Sriram’s IAS Academy||Available soon||Available soon|
UPSC Civil Services Question Paper 2017
|Question Booklet||SET A||SET B||SET C||SET D|
|GS Paper 1||Available soon||Available soon||Available soon||Available soon|
|GS Paper 2||Available soon||Available soon||Available soon||Available soon|
UPSC IAS Prelims GS-GA Paper-1 Answer Key 2017 download
- The preliminary examination consists of two papers consisting objective type or multiple choice questions:-
- General Studies or Paper 1 and Aptitude or Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) or Paper 2.
- The GS paper has 100 questions carrying two marks each while the CSAT has 80 questions carrying 2.5 marks each.
- There is a penalty of 33% marks out of the allocated marks for every wrong answer.
- The CSAT paper (paper 2) is evaluated first and GS Paper or Paper 1 is evaluated only of those candidates who have qualified in Paper 2 or got 33% or 66 marks in CSAT.
- The candidates are shortlisted for the mains on the basis of their scores in paper 1.
Procedure of Selection:-
The exam is held in three stages –
- The Mains
UPSC IAS Prelims Cut off 2017
The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying marks which a candidate has to score in order to become eligible for next round of selection that is UPSC IAS Mains examination 2017,UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 which is to be conducted on October 2017, you can now have an easy access to expected cut off, which is prepared from the analytics data of previous year cut offs of year 2015, and 2016 consecutively. As we all know it depends on several factors contributing so it changes year to year depending upon the difficulty level of examination.
Candidates will be shortlisted as per the minimum qualifying marks in Civil Services(Main) Examination 2017.
|Name of Exam||General||OBC||SC||ST||PH-1||PH-2||PH-3|
UPSC Civil services Mains 2017 – Preparation tips
- Candidates next you should be preparing for UPSC Civil services Mains 2017 examination which is to be conducted on October, but before applying and taking this ext most crucial examination for getting these jobs, we would like to give you some tips and preparation method which you should follow to qualify UPSC Mains examination as well.
- Talking about the strategy for preparing for the CS preliminary examination 2017, that candidates who are taking the examination for the first time should go through and analyse the question papers of the last 10 years.
- There is a logic to the way questions are asked in the UPSC prelims and candidates should try and understand it, they sometimes are very tricky to decode.
- Knowledge of current affairs has become very important for cracking the prelims examination but as it is a vast topic one must be able to understand the areas from which questions are expected to be asked, as if exact points and topics are prepared then one can perform its best in this section.
- A candidate must be aware about the Latest developments in the field of environment, latest legislation, knowledge of Constitution of the county, latest economic issues including the economic survey, role of governor in Tamil Nadu political crisis etc are some of the important topics from which questions can be expected.
IAS Mains 2017 Exam Pattern
In IAS Mains examination, total there are six sections/topics from where the questions will be asked, each section containing 250 marks, given below are the topics as well as subtopics which you have to prepare to make a best command over these sections involved, lets have a look at the brief discription given below.
Paper 1: Essay
Candidates may be required to write an essay on specific topic. They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion and to write concisely Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.
Paper 2: General Studies 1
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redraw of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
Paper 3 : General Studies 2
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations.
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
Paper 4: General Studies 3
Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Investment models.
- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, Nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
Paper 5: General Studies 4
Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
The following broad areas will be covered.
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service , integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues.
Paper 6 and 7: Optional Subjects
(250 marks each paper)
Optional 1 (Of your choice)/ Optional 2 (Of your choice)
Candidates can choose any optional from the subjects, which are given below:
How to download UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017
- The answer key for each set of UPSC Civil Services question booklet is provided
- Click on link for UPSC answer key 2017 of your set
- A pdf file will open up mentioning correct options for each question
- Candidates are advised to download the UPSC Civil Services IAS Answer key 2017 for their set for future references.
You may also Check:-
Candidates hope you if you like our article please share this who needed it the most, and stay tuned with us Jobsdetails.in for further more fresh latest updates, and any queries and questions are welcomed in the comment box below.